Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year - targets - pah! Reflections on the year past.

A year on and I have not achieved either of my running targets for the year.

Nor lost weight - in fact I am probably heavier than a year ago.

I have not completed a race this year.

What have I achieved?
  • completed a year and a term back in teaching
  • .........
  • .........
I am not sure what I could put in the blanks. I am still here and have a healthy family - so anything else would be bonus I guess.

We have to go on, so yet again I shall start the year trying to eat healthily. I can't have any running targets until I am fit to run. I see the phyzz tomorrow and will talk to her about what is the most sensible way to get back to running (in addition to the obvious of losing weight).

4 comments:

Revrunner said...

I admire you for having targets. I guess I don't have any specific targets in mind for this year. I keep a fitness log. So each month I try to do at least as well--given the conditions--as I did the month before.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy new year. Take the required break to get completely fit for running and then bounce back big time. Best wishes.

Revrunner said...

Actually, you inspired me to run my first race in several years. (I've been concentrating on cycling events instead). Ran the Sentara 5K this afternoon. Nice way to begin the new year. Even saw a couple of guys running in tuxedos!

womble said...

You've been a great friend over the last year and I, for one, am very grateful for that. You put your best effort into things too, even if it didn't work out at the time. Better to have tried.....

xxx