Saturday 26 May 2007

I am not the only one ....

CAD mentioned 4-6 weeks out if I have broken my coccyx - I can't believe it is broken, a sixth former at school HAS broken hers (a fall from her horse was involved) and is in MUCH more pain than I am

Paula has damaged her sacrum - and talks of 6 weeks off

I just worked out that if I were to do Amsterdam full, Shades 3 runs a week training starts the week after half term (not that I am you understand - would be a bit bonkers starting from with an injury wouldn't it?)

So just hope that it will be better asap - but surely not 6 weeks.

5 comments:

sue said...

It's probably best if you treat it with some respect and give it time. The worst thing you can do is to come back too soon (I've learnt that lesson - you can't force healing). I thought you were doing the Half? or have you changed your mind? Paula did say that she may start training a little earlier, depending on how she is healing. I think you have to assess how you are yourself and start gradually, it'll come back quicker than you think.

If you can walk pain free, why don't you start with that and build up from there?

It's an awkward spot to deal with, but maybe cold bath followed by a warm one would help?

beanz said...

no, Sue, got to be realistic - can't do the full - it is a 6 hour cutoff - its going to be bad enough meeting the 3 hour cut off for the half - haven't managed that for some time

sue said...

A pity you didn't choose Dublin instead - don't know what the cut off is, but the last person in was 8:59:00 last year. Besides there'll be a huge forum presence out there................tempted???

beanz said...

I have to wait for Dublin to come back into the school half term, as it's on a Monday to do it - but then I DO want to do it.

beanz said...

Oh and the Amsterdam thing is a club outing, so at least there might be someone waiting for me at the finish!