Wednesday 9 February 2005

cross training

went to the gyn this morning and did 30 minutes on the cross trainer, nothing else just took my music and the time went by pretty quickly, could have done longer Fat Man 7

if it worked for Aim High! will it work for me? - patience is the name of the gameWaiting

also saw trainer and will meet up with her tomorrow to talk through the next 9 weeks.

the big worry is the long runs - have not done one since Brass Monkey, should be up to 16 miles in a couple of weeks but ....

and Ashby 20 - seems impossible at the moment and have not entered yet.

but everyone says the long runs are the most important ....................

hope TrailPlus moves me on, not sets me back


Couch Potato
where: gym
what: cross trainer
time: 30:00
pace: n/a
AHR: 131
tomorrow: session with PT at gym

3 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Hey you chin up.
OK so you have just over 9 wks and currently have sore shins. It isn't the end of the world but it may be worth working out what you want from FLM. If it is to finish in one healthy piece regardless of time then no sweat! You are healthy and fit and can walk the distance and still not be last! Walk run is popular at any race but especially London! If you wanted a time then review the time, it's your 1st marathon so you get a PB whatever!
You'll be toeing the start line with the rest of us and loving it!
pix

beanz said...

Yep, you are right, thanks.
Aim - to finish with a smile (more likely tears but you know what I mean)
Planning to run a mile walk a minute anyway, as I know I could not run the lot anyway.

Just read voodoo's thread on cross training and think I shall do a lot more of that over the next few weeks.

beanz said...

Thought I ought to do the time that I should be spending on my runs in the week - 45s and 60s.